Tuesday 8 September 2015

Diving Operation HSE on Pipe Line End Manifold (PLEM)

Right after the Heavy Lift job completed I got a call to join a DSV -Diving Support Vessel for PLEM tie in project at Puteri Field, Terengganu offshore.

I still remember the name of the Vessel, I don't know the meaning of the name but the Vessel called "Sanko Angel" maybe related to Angel and it's belong to Japanese company.

For the first time of my entire offshore life, I was on board the crew boat for the very long 32 hours journey before arriving at the location. The boat circulates around the field, sending and picking up other crew and unluckily my location is the last one. Nothing much I can do, just seat and wait.

After quite a tiring journey, finally the boat arrives at my work location and with no further delay I step on Sanko Angel to take the task as PTW Coordinator. As the PTW Coordinator I need to coordinate the diving job with mother platform and to the FPSO Puteri depending on which location is nearer to our vessel.

In the same time I also carried out the Inspection duty and other routine HSE tasks on board. Actively assisting rigger team for supporting the diver by ensuring providing the right tools for the job. Monitor the lifting basket is properly secured to the crane hook etc.

As the HSE Officer on board I also assist in ensuring saturation operation area is properly controlled. I am working closely with Diving Supervisor and the Assistant life Support Technician (ALST) to ensure the safety and healthy of the diver in the chamber.

This job is pretty much straight forward and the duration is a month only



No comments:

Post a Comment